Over 20,000 undergraduate students have used the UBC employability and enterprise skills development simulation platform since 1998.
The Brief – description:
Create an on-line business simulation-based competition designed to challenge, engage and develop undergraduate students’ employability and enterprise skills.
Give students a real-world experience and the opportunity to develop the skills employers are looking for in graduates including:
- Analytical skills
- Commercial awareness
- Influencing skills
- Planning and organising
- A results-driven approach
- Financial awareness
- Innovation in problem-solving
University educators who want to give their students an employability experience. Undergraduate students compete in teams of up to 5 members.
Solution & Method:
Create an on-line platform to enable:
- realistic simulated companies to be featured from year-to-year
- team registrations
- decision input on-line
- on-line results and feedback
- evaluation of employability & enterprise skills
- personalised certificates of participation
- viewing of competing team profiles
Desired learning outcomes:
- Understand and develop the workplace skills employers are looking
- Encourage entrepreneurial / enterprise thinking
- Self-confidence builder
- The Universities Business Challenge simulation platform has become the most used business simulation portal in the UK.
- Through its simulation content it has become a leading positive influence on: developing workplace skills (as verified by independent research)
- entrepreneurship & business start-ups